Union Township Community and Veterans Memorial Park (renamed from Brownsville Park in July 2016) which is located off of Brownsville Road is a flurry of activity in spring, summer, and fall. The upper field was built by the Finleyville Soccer Association in 1992. The upper field is actually a full size soccer field (120 yards long x 80 yards wide) with legal size goals. However, the field is divided into smaller fields with temporary goals to allow the Under 6 and Under 8 teams to practice during the week and play games on Saturday. If no associations are using the Brownsville fields, the use is based on a first-come, first served basis unless the field or Recreation Building was reserved. Games are going on in Union Township in the Spring and Fall. Please look at the sports scheduled before using the fields.
Reserving Union Township Community and Veterans Memorial Park
Download the attached form and send it into the Township with a check in the sum of $75.00 (resident) or $150.00 (non-resident). You may also drop into the Township building with your check payment to reserve the park. A refundable deposit ($150.00 if resident or $200.00 if non–resident) is required when picking up the keys for the facilities. Since the Municipal Office is closed on weekends, you will need to pick up your keys the Friday before your event and return them the Monday after. Click here to print a copy of the Park Rental Application: PARK RENTAL APPLICATION
UNION TOWNSHIP PARK RENTAL
Park Rental Rules and Regulations
- The required deposit shall be paid when picking up the keys to the facilities.
- The $150.00/$200.00 deposit shall not be refunded where abuse of the facilities is evidenced and/or additional cleaning and/or repair is required and any sums incurred by the Township to cover the costs and expenses for cleaning, repair, remedying the condition of the premises that occurred during the applicants use shall be paid by the applicant, and the undersigned agrees that he/she is individually responsib1e for said funds.
- Refund of the deposit shall be authorized after the park area has been inspected. The refund shall be processed within 8 days following the inspection.
- The required park rental fee as indicated below shall he paid to reserve the park and is not refundable.
- There shall be no smoking in any Township building.
- No alcoholic beverages shall be permitted on the park premises except where the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board has granted an appropriate permit of license for the same.
- The park property shall be left in a clean and orderly condition. If condition of the facilities is unclean or damaged at the beginning of rental then notify the Recreation Board of Township office immediately. The following clean-up procedures shall be implemented prior to vacating the premises:
Tables and chairs used shall be returned to their original place in a clean and undamaged condition.
- All lights and water shall be turned off’ prior to vacating the park.
- All trash shall be placed in the receptacles or proper places located at the park.
- The kitchen, floors and bathrooms must be left in a clean and orderly fashion.
- All signage and party supply materials erected shall be removed from the park.
- Park shall be vacated by dusk with exceptions granted only be permission from the Recreations Board.
- Any malfunctions, damages, accidents of the like shall be reported to the Township office.
The resident/nonresident/organization agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Township, its Board of Supervisors, individual Supervisors, its agents, employees, etc. from any liability, damages, or injuries caused by an act and/or omission of an act.