Contact the Township / Website Index

Township Contacts:

SCROLL BELOW for the appropriate contact names and telephone numbers.  Any menu item can be accessed by clicking that item on the index on the right side of this page.

Please note that the police, animal control officer, code enforcement officer, building code official, zoning officer, and tax collector have separate telephone numbers as posted below.

FOR Police or Emergency Call 911   For non-emergency calls only dial 724-782-0670. See more information under the Emergency – Police menu item.  The secretary cannot transfer you to the police phone.

For an application to carry firearms, contact the County Sheriff not the municipal building.  See Washington County Sheriff Firearms Division

Road Issue:  Call 724-348-4250, ext. 5 for the Road Superintendent  (you can press 5 as soon as you hear the recording) OR email  The road crew can be reached at 724-348-4250 ext. 3.  Also if you have the ability to drop off or email pictures of the problem in question, that is also very helpful.   (If calling during an active snow event, note that the crew will listen to messages but cannot return calls)  Also, see the Road Work and Snow Removal page.

Animals:  Call 724-503-4417 to reach the Animal Control Officer, Kym Secreet, who can be reached for issues involving dogs.  If you are calling about problems with wild animals you will need to contact the  Game Commission.  Dog licenses are available at the Washington County website.  More Animal Info

Building Permits:  contact the Zoning Officer, James Harshman, by email at or by phone 724-503-4125.  You can pick-up a building permit at our office or print one on-line in the Zoning / Planning / Building section of this web-site.  The Building Code Official can also be reached at

Zoning, Subdivisions, Site Plans, Permits, Heavy-Hauling, etc:  contact the Zoning Officer, Jarod D’Amico, by email at or by phone 724-503-4125 All forms needed should be on-line.  Also on-line are the Zoning Map, Zoning Ordinance and Fee Schedule.  See Zoning / Planning / Building

Taxes:   Contact the tax collector at 724-348-9000 or by email at  Even though, in Union Township, the tax collector’s office is physically located at the municipal building, the tax collector performs a separate government function and is independent of the other staff.  The municipal staff cannot answer tax questions.  See the Tax Collection Section  For County tax questions, contact Washington County:  County Website – Taxes

Employment:  Please check the postings on the front page for any recently posted positions.  The Township generally advertises all other open positions on its web page, in the Observer-Reporter, and possibly on  You also may fill out an application and drop it off at the Township municipal building at 3904 Finleyville-Elrama Road, or email it to  Application for Employment at Union Township – Washington County

Right-to-Know Requests as well as Administrative and Finance Questions:  contact the Treasurer and Right-to-Know Officer, Judith L. Taylor 724-348-4250, x1 or by email at  Click Here for a Right to Know Request Form which you may email, drop-off or mail to:  Judy L. Taylor, Right to Know Officer, 3904 Finleyville-Elrama Road, Finleyville, PA 15332.  Right-to-Know Requests are processed in accordance with the policies set forth by the Pennsylvania State Open Records Office.

Administrative Questions or to Schedule the Park:  724-348-4250, x0 – secretary
(or email

Complaint, Code Enforcement:   contact Jarod D’Amico with Harshman CE Group, who can be reached at 724-503-4125 x5 or by email at   If you are having a problem with a neighbor who may be in violation of a Township Ordinance, conventional wisdom is to try to work it out with your neighbor first; however, you may lodge a complaint with the Code Enforcement Officer,   NO ANONYMOUS COMPLAINTS can be taken.  You will need to provide your name and address and telephone number as well as the address of the property suspected to be in violation. If there is any question on what is contained in any Union Township ordinance, you can review the Township Code/Ordinances page of this website.  For clarification on any issue, contact Mr. D’Amico at the contact number and email address given above.

The mailing address for the Township is Union Township, 3904 Finleyville-Elrama Road, Finleyville, PA  15332.

For other municipal assistance, please dial the main number 724-348-4250, followed by the correct extension to ring the appropriate phone.  Calls to the main number are initially picked up automatically by an electronic receptionist recording that helps listeners identify the correct telephone number or extension.  If you know the extension, as soon as you hear the recording, you may type it in at any time.  The extensions are:
5-Tom Mellor – Road Superintendent,
3-Road Crew
1-Judy Taylor, Treasurer,
0-Debbie Nigon, Secretary

Also, see the page on contacting the Board of Supervisors under the Political Representation Menu.